[mythtv-users] XvMC 0.19 Stuttering after pause

Chris Lynch lynchseattle at gmail.com
Tue Feb 21 01:23:54 UTC 2006

Hello all,

For a while I've held off on trying out XvMC, but ever since my HDTV upgrade
I've been running into playback strangeness that made me finally decide to
try it out.  I have a Nvidia 6600 running to an Audio Authority box to my
TV.  My source is via firewire from my cable box and it all records just
fine, and the box on watching live TV sits around 70-80% CPU.

Two things I've tried out so far:
1 - With XvMC and Bob on and OpenGL VSync turned off the video looks great
but if I pause the recording and then play again, playback stutters over and
over and it never recovers.  This actually seems to be the case with Bob
turned on no matter if XvMC is enabled or not.
2 - If I turn on OpenGL VSync it doesn't do the stuttering after pause, but
playback almost seems to go a little too slow for a second then a little too
fast for a second.  And this continues over and over.  It's unwatchable at
that point.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks for the help,

Chris