[mythtv-users] Mythtv 0.19 (atrpms) lost ability of fine tuning?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Feb 21 01:18:47 UTC 2006

Jurgen Kramer wrote:

>Did something change in the channel table with 0.19? Normally the
>channel field holds the channel number (afaik). Or is mythtv able to
>distinguish between a channel number and a frequency?

Since [3463] ( http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/changeset/3463 )--which was in
0.18, BTW--you've been able to store either the channel number (to use
the frequency table) or frequency (to ignore the frequency table) in the
freqid field of the channel table.  However, your point that the
accurate is valid.  There is no "channel" field in the channel table (or
any other table, TTBOMK), so I think the poster was trying to tell you
to put the exact frequency in the freqid field and 0 in the finetune
field...

However, you can keep things as they were--with finetune specified as a
difference between the selected frequency table and your provider's
frequency assignments.  What you need to know is that in Myth 0.19, the
finetune field changes from "tuner module units" to kHz.  So, multiply
your existing finetune values by 62.5 to get the new values.  See
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/dev/184200#184200 .

You should be able to make the change with something like:

*** WARNING:  Completely untested SQL statement below!  ***

UPDATE channel SET finetune = finetune*62.5;

Note:  I have not tried this, so please back up your database first.

Mike