[mythtv-users] Transcode and remove commercials

Matt Hannan mythtvlist at cox.net
Mon Feb 20 17:03:23 UTC 2006

Is this still true in 0.19?

"The transcoder can be used in two ways:

  * Automatically re-encode every file once it has completed recording
  * After marking commercials, the transcoder can be run manually to
    delete the commercials from the file (thus further saving space)

The two methods are independent. The first is an automatic process that
can be enabled/disabled through the setup program; the second is a
manual method which must be invoked on each recording individually."

I am looking to to the second option. Are there anyways to automate this
process?

Thanks, (and I hope this comes thru in plain text),
Matt