[mythtv-users] 0.19 thumbnail flicker on myth 'watch media' screen

Joe Buckshin jbuckshin at gmail.com
Sun Feb 19 22:48:29 UTC 2006

On 2/19/06, Rick Lewis <rbonafied at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'll admit that little things like this catch my eye
> and make me wonder what is causing it.  I don't view
> this particular behavior as a problem.  But who knows,
> maybe there is something else upstream that could be
> impacting this as well as other things.
>
> Anyway, sorry for the rambling.  After watching a
> program and returning to the listing of recorded shows
> screen.  I notice the thumbnail of the show flickers
> once or twice.  I don't get an idea of a pattern.
>
> For what it's worth, I have kernel deinterlacing on.
> However, I never noticed this with 0.18.

Interesting, I had this problem too after upgrading to 0.19 anytime I
was on the 'watch recordings' screen.  It seemed as though the
frontend was continually trying to regenerate the preview thumbnail
which was also slowing down the response time on this page.  The
backend log seemed to confirm this as well.  Anyway, I didn't figure
out the root cause but I manually deleted all of the png files in
/mnt/store and navigated through my recordings to regenerate them and
the problem went away.

Joe