[mythtv-users] Ever use VNC? I find it really useful.

Rick Lewis rbonafied at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 19 22:36:06 UTC 2006

Hi,

My wife asked if there was a way she could interact
with the TV Myth menu from another computer without
having go in to the living room.  This was something
she hoped she could do because she likes to use
mythmusic and change playlists besides just watching
TV.

The solution was turning on VNC in the Mythfrontend X
server.  Now, from any computer in the house, she can
connect to the mythfrontend that connects to the TV
and stereo and make adjustments.

This is really great when having to tweak setup items
and you don't want to deal with the remote control
limitations.  This was before the virtual keyboard
thing of 0.19.

If anyone is interested, I'll be glad to post more
detail.

Rick