[mythtv-users] Experimenting with TFW_DEF_BUF_SIZE to minimize HDTV IOBOUND errors

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Sun Feb 19 17:15:15 UTC 2006

> That's my hope, too; to be honest I'm a little surprised there *isn't*
> already such settings given just how configurable MythTV is in
> general.

It is very easy to break MythTV playing with the TFW params.
However if you are using the DVB recorder or HDTV recorder
there is a param in Setup:TV Settings:General, on the third
page called "HD Ringbuffer size".

Try decreasing/increasing that param by one click in each direction.
(To big a buffer can give you thrashing which destroys performance.)
You may wish to restart both the frontends and backends after each
change.

BTW you do not have to eliminate the IOBOUND warnings, you just
have to minimize the length of time they are in effect so that
you don't fill your HD Ringbuffer in the interval between the
start and end of the IOBOUND state.

-- Daniel