[mythtv-users] mythweb 0.19 install on suse 10.0

mythtv-users at fastdruid.co.uk mythtv-users at fastdruid.co.uk
Sat Feb 18 21:57:06 UTC 2006

On Saturday 18 February 2006 15:47, Christopher Friend wrote:
> just once i'd like an install on linux to be easy :o(
>
> basic setup from rpms: Error 403... There is either no index document or
> the directory is read-protected.
>
> adding the following to the end of httpd.conf
>
> <Directory /srv/www/htdocs/mythweb>
>     Options FollowSymLinks
>     AllowOverride All
> </Directory>
>
> gives:
> Error 500... The server encountered an internal error and was unable to
> complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there was an
> error in a CGI script.
>

> Uncommenting   " RewriteBase    /mythweb" in .htaccess doesn't change
> anything, authentication is commented out, everything else looks ok
> including conf.php.
>

> Only thing I can think of is, after running a php info script, details of
> loaded modules for "apache2handler" show mod_env but no mod_rewrite, but I
> dunno if that would cause the problems I have, and if it does, it took me
> so long to find a copy of a php rpm that had the correct stuff enabled,
> it's not really worth it. As far as compiling goes... hah. never again...

Hahaha, glad it's not just me that's having problems with suse 10 and mythweb
0.19, you need to add rewrite to the end of the line
in /etc/sysconfig/apache2 for APACHE_MODULES for a start

In my case that became
APACHE_MODULES="access actions alias auth auth_dbm autoindex cgi dir env
expires include log_config mime negotiation setenvif ssl suexec userdir php4
php5 rewrite"

Let me know if that helps, I'm stuck now because I now get from the browser:

Connection to host <mythbox ip> broken

and

[Sat Feb 18 21:51:43 2006] [debug] mod_rewrite.c(1788): [client <mythbox ip>]
mod_rewrite's internal redirect status: 0/10.
[Sat Feb 18 21:51:43 2006] [debug] mod_rewrite.c(1788): [client <mythbox ip>]
mod_rewrite's internal redirect status: 0/10.
[Sat Feb 18 21:51:43 2006] [notice] child pid 15737 exit signal Segmentation
fault (11)
[Sat Feb 18 21:51:43 2006] [notice] child pid 15740 exit signal Segmentation
fault (11)

in /var/log/apache2/error_log

David