[mythtv-users] Any documentation on the lcdserver implemented in .19

Paul Harrison mythtv at dsl.pipex.com
Sat Feb 18 21:56:12 UTC 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tobias Lolax" <tobbe at theencounter.nu>
To: <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
Sent: Saturday, February 18, 2006 5:09 PM
Subject: [mythtv-users] Any documentation on the lcdserver implemented in .19

> Is there any documentation about how to use and how the lcdserver works that
> was implemented with the v.19?
> Since I upgraded to .19, I haven't been able to use the LCDd (lcdproc) that
> I used with .18
>
> Regards,
> T. Lolax

You shouldn't need to change anything for 0.19. The lcdserver
will be started automatically when the first client connects.

There's a readme in programs/mythlcdserver/ that has a little info.

There's also a list of commands the server accepts at the top of
programs/mythlcdserver/lcdserver.cpp other than that the source
is the documentation =)

You could run the mythlcdserver from the command line with the
-v network -x 10 parameters to see if it is connecting to the LCDd
properly. Make sure you don't have another instance running or it
will fail to bind to the port.

Paul H.