[mythtv-users] What email client are you using?

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Sat Feb 18 18:12:24 UTC 2006

On Fri, Feb 17, 2006 at 11:20:30PM -0500, Matt Hannan wrote:
> Jay R. Ashworth wrote:
> > We do it because it is the most efficient, powerful way to get the job
> > done, and it wastes less of our time.

> So, you are saying that the majority way that corporate users email each
> other is LESS cost efficient than the way than you personally think is
> better?

Again, the issue is not "that [I] personally think is better".  Please
stop the reverse appeal to authority, as well.

> Making people scroll to the bottom of a days long email thread to see
> the latest addition is MORE efficient than just having the new info at
> the top?

If people *clip* properly, you don't have to scroll at all.

> I'm gonna have to see some number on this.

How many email messages do you *get* a day, Matt?

> > Several people already did.
> >
> Who? Your cube mates? Get real.

Here on this list, in this thead, in messages you apparently weren't
bothering to read.

> > And yet, I save a lot of time *by* doing that.  I've been well repaid
> > for the small amount of time I invested in learning it.
> >
> And if I find out that you are one of the developers that are working
> towards a Sparq station solution for MythTV before you make a drop-in
> one for PPC,
> then I will know that you are wasting both your employer's time and my own.
> And I have many out of work programmer friends that would love to know
> where you work. ;-)

/me chuckles.  No, really.

Cheers,
-- jra

	A: No.
	Q: Should I include quotations after my message body?