[mythtv-users] Folder View in Mythvideo

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sat Feb 18 16:16:00 UTC 2006

On 02/18/2006 11:03 AM, Garth Benedict wrote:
> On 2/15/06, Daniel Sheppard <daniels at pronto.com.au> wrote:
>
>> I just upgraded to Mythtv 0.19.
>>
>> In Mythvideo, previously one of the menu options when you were in Gallery
>> mode was to switch to "folder view" so you could navigate through your
>> folders, but still have the nice-looking gallery view.
>>
>> Has this option been removed, or am I simply blind and unable to figure
>> out where it's moved to?
> Did you get any resolution on this?  I have my entire DVD archive tricked
> out via this trick
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/143039but I had put
> them all in a folder so the normal gallery was what is
> available immediately.  My view now loss some of its WAF...

I can't answer your specific question--I've never used, and don't plan
to use, the folder view thing in the gallery--but might have another option.

For my collection, I have categories.  All "online" movies are in the
"Movies" category and "offline" movies in the "Offline" category.  I set
the default filter for Gallery view to only show the videos in the
"Movies" category, then if I want to browse the "Offline" category, I
just change the filter from the menu.  This approach is also nice for
MythWeb in that I've set up my Videos page to default to showing only
the online movies and I have to switch categories to get to the
"Offline" category--which I never do across the Internet because of the
limited bandwidth.

It's easy enough to set up the category for even hundreds of offline
videos using MySQL.  Just do a "WHERE filename LIKE '%/Offline/%'"
(assuming your offline videos are in an "Offline" directory).

Mike

BTW, I'm glad the offline archive is working for you.  One of these
days, I'm going to have to modify MythVideo so that it can handle
offline videos instead of using that hack...