[mythtv-users] Xebian Xbox 18.1 Share mount issues

Gene Stapp genestapp at gmail.com
Sat Feb 18 16:02:56 UTC 2006

chris at cpr.homelinux.net wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 17, 2006 at 07:25:32AM -0500, Gene Stapp wrote:
>
>> I've been trying to get my samba/cifs shares to mount all night and I
>> can't get them to work. I've tried changing the fstab entries by ssh
>> about a dozen times
>>

> Have you checked to make sure the appropriate kernel modules are
> available and load automatically?
>
> Try running the mount command manually (as root) to make sure your
> xbox isn't being blocked by an ACL on the server (/etc/hosts.deny or
> samba.conf).

Ok I have gotten the mount commands working for basic samba shares. Now
I've got to install / enable cifs according to the mount errors I'm
getting. Anyone know an easy way to do this through command line (ssh)
or how to get out of the mythtv frontend and get to the x windows? That
2GB samba file limit is a big issue with the samba shares I have...