[mythtv-users] Various MythWeb nits and gripes---can I fix these somehow?

Matt Mossholder matt at mossholder.com
Sat Feb 18 06:03:50 UTC 2006

On Sat, 2006-02-18 at 00:31 -0500, f-myth-users at media.mit.edu wrote:
> ing recording is split in half.
>
> And besides, it's just -confusing-, as I mentioned above---it makes it
> that much harder to really see what the state of the box is if you
> have to check -two- places (what's happening now? what's happening
> soon?) instead of just looking at it all neatly summarizeed at the top
> of one page.

Actually, both what are happening now, AND soon are covered in the
status page. So there is only once place you need to look. You can see
if any given tuner is recording, and are given the next 10 scheduled
recordings. Even with, say, 5 tuners, that gives you about an hour of
visibility into the future if all you record is 30 minute shows. Given
that most of us have fewer tuners, and at least occasionally record
something that lasts an hour, 10 recordings is plenty. If it isn't, the
code is always out there.

If you want to know what the status of the system is, the correct place
to look is the status page.