[mythtv-users] What email client are you using?

Ross Campbell ross.campbell at gmail.com
Sat Feb 18 02:32:43 UTC 2006

> > > i think the list preference is to bottom post
> > or inline post
> > > with plain text based emails.

For those other gmail users, gmail has a link to force html mail into
text formatting. Try it.

> For the benefit of the 75% or so who don't realize this, let me point
> out that *this has been the standard (for very good reasons, almost
> none of which are subject to personal taste) for almost 25 years*.

I place the blame for breaking this standard squarely on Microsoft
Outlook's default settings.

I believe that a number of corporate users have become accustomed to
top posting and believe it to be good. The *ONLY* good quality that I
can see or imagine is that top posting retains a more complete "email
audit trail", but who wants to read an audit trail?

I used mutt for a long time until coworkers html email, non-portable
binary attachments, and multimedia files made me reluctantly switch to
thunderbird.

I use gmail for mail lists and find the keyboard shortcuts very much
like mutt. That can't be a coincidence...

gmail users: enable keyboard shortcuts - click settings, set keyboard
shortcuts on
https://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?ctx=%67mail&hl=en&answer=6594

-Ross