[mythtv-users] What email client are you using?

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Fri Feb 17 22:43:40 UTC 2006

> I assume your point is that if you use rich formatting your email gets
> an html component? Is that not widely understood?

The point (as others have pointed out in this thread and time and time
again in other threads) is that a lot (most?) people don't seem to know
how to trim emails when they reply.  That fact is compounded when they think
their emails have to be pretty and sent out as text and html at the same
time.  So, we get emails that are 8000-10000 bytes, with only 2-4 words
of reply ranging from "Me too!" to "Gmail is da bomb!".  <sarcasm>But,
they're pretty words, so I guess that makes all the difference. </sarcasm>

--
Chris