[mythtv-users] Choppiness w/ transcoded digital broadcast

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Fri Feb 17 22:25:32 UTC 2006

> I've put nuvscan output on my website, along with a README that explains
> the three dumps:
>
> http://www.seiner.com/nuvscan.tar.bz2

Got it, thanks.  I'll try to take a look tonight if I can.

> If you get a chance, I would appreciate any suggestions.  The choppiness
> starts about 8 minutes into nuvscan1.out recording.
>
> (unpatched) mplayer will play the original nuv file, but not the
> transcoded file.

This is due to the fact that the original "nuv" is actually a MPEG file
just named .nuv.  The transcoded .nuv file is a nuppel format file so
you need a patched mplayer using the patch I mentioned in my email.  Stock
mplayer plays the original nuppel format files, but not Myth's modified
version.

> Is there a way to use mencoder for the transcoding?

If you want to play the file in MythVideo yes, there's no guarantee that
the resulting file will play with Myth's internal player that is used for
MythTV (and for MythVideo if you set the player to 'Internal'), but you can
try.

--
Chris