[mythtv-users] What email client are you using?

Tim Fenn fenn at stanford.edu
Fri Feb 17 22:01:16 UTC 2006

On Fri, Feb 17, 2006 at 01:05:56PM -0800, chris at cpr.homelinux.net wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 17, 2006 at 02:35:38PM -0500, myth at skicentral.tv wrote:
> >   The screen/mutt combo is is amazing too.  You can't
> > really do that with a GUI mail reader except for maybe vnc.  You
> > then fight latency & the GUI.  Along this line of thinking, I used
> > to have the port forwards all set up for thunderbird at work with
> > home email, but this low tech ncurses reader over ssh deprecated
> > the need for those reindeer games.
>
> What he said!  CLI mail readers are *vastly* underrated, and
> screen+mutt over ssh makes it easy to read my email almost anywhere.  I
> just keep a copy of the PuTTY client on my web server so I can download
> it to the internet kiosk in whatever country I'm visiting.

Hear hear!  I'll put a vote in for mutt - I combo it with server side
IMAP filtering through sieve, and poof - everything is sorted into
folders (and spam is tossed out).

Plus, I can flag messages, it notes which ones I've responded to/read,
sign/encrypt my messages, sort/search *very* quickly through mail (and
yes, you can search through just tagged or flagged messages, even
using regexps if desired).  Heck, I even have it use different .sigs
depending on who I'm replying to.

And as long as I have ssh, I can get to my mail as I'd like it
configured.

-Tim

--
Morals?  I eat communism and $h!t America, brother.  --Seanbaby