[mythtv-users] import an old sql DB into the new format on exisiting 0.19 install

Raphael Pooser rpooser at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 21:55:36 UTC 2006

I asked this question in the "0.19 ubuntu packages" thread, but it seems
that it's a little too old now to expect a response.
My question is, could it be possible to get an old database from say
0.17 or 0.18 version into the 0.19 DB after upgrading?  I went ahead and
installed 0.19 from scratch on a new system, so I have my backup from my
old mythconverg db, but since the install was new, there was no
preexisting mythconverg db when I installed 0.19.  So, is it possible to
get the program info from my old db into the new one.  Or perhaps I
should uninstall myth, drop the mythconverg db, restore my backup db
into sql and then reinstall 0.19...?  Then when I reinstall mythtv it
should find my old mythconverg db already existing an upgrade it to the
new format.  If that's the best route to I'll do that.
The reason I'm doing it this way is because I took this time to do a
dist upgrade as well as a few hardware upgrades at the same time as
upgrading to 0.19.  It was easier to install the distro and myth from
scratch (believe it or not) than to try and upgrade my distro and then myth.
Raphael