[mythtv-users] fine tuning on Plextor ConvertX

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Feb 17 05:24:35 UTC 2006

On 02/16/2006 11:14 PM, Dale E. Martin wrote:
>> I'll bet you're on a cable system, and your operator is not using
>> "standard broadcast" channel frequencies.
> Yes, I'm on SELCO cable.  (http://www.shrewsbury-ma.gov/cable/)
>> If you can find any reference to changing your drivers for IRC or
>> HRC, and can implement one or the other of them, I'll bet that clears
>> up your problem.
>>
> It's definitely an interesting thought - I'll have to google a bit and see
> if anything comes up.  Thanks for the idea!

Actually, Myth supports changing the frequency tables, and Myth 0.19
includes a definition for IRC (which is almost definitely what you
have--IRC is basically standard with 5 & 6 offset).

In backend settings (Global Backend Setup):

Channel frequency table
Select the appropriate frequency table for your system.  If you have an
antenna, use a "-bcast" frequency.

Mike