[mythtv-users] Mythcommflag in Italy or Europe

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Feb 16 23:23:20 UTC 2006

On 02/16/2006 05:05 PM, Chris Pinkham wrote:

>>> Why is it necessary to enable automatically flagging to be able to use
>>> all stragegies?
>>>
>>> I'd like to flag some older recordings with all strategies.
>> How's this for a useless answer?  Because the documentation for the
>> setting says so:
>>
>> Commercial Skip Method
>> This determines the method used by MythTV to detect when commercials
>> start and end.  You must have 'Automatically Flag Commercials' enabled
>> to use anything other than 'Blank Frame'.
> And since that appears to be out of date, unfortunately it's even more
> useless. :)
>
> Which part of the docs is this in? (coming from someone who can count on
> two hands the number of times he's actually read them since I've been using
> Myth since 0.7).

It's actually in the "live" documentation for the setting (
http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/browser/trunk/mythtv/programs/mythfrontend/globalsettings.cpp?rev=8988#L385
).  I also looked through the most likely places in the official docs to
see if there's any similarly out-of-date information regarding this
setting, but couldn't find any.

I would have created a little patch for you, but I have no idea what the
new text should say--short of just deleting the second sentence...  If
that's the case, the above URL (with file name/line number) is probably
just as easy as (or easier than) a patch.

Thanks for the answers, too.  I knew you would be far more qualified
than I to explain the issue--I'm mainly just qualified to quote the
settings and documentation.  :)

Mike