[mythtv-users] Using PVR 350's output with mythtv 0.19

Duncan Brown mythtv at duncb.co.uk
Thu Feb 16 18:18:17 UTC 2006

Axel Thimm wrote:

>On Tue, Feb 14, 2006 at 10:22:22AM +0000, Duncan Brown wrote:
>

>>Duncan Brown wrote:
>>

>>>Hey
>>>
>>>I've just upgraded to 0.19 on FC4 from atrpms. The upgrade appeared to
>>>go smoothly, but i've come up against a problem almost straight away.
>>>
>>>When entering live tv to begin, everything is fine, however after
>>>exiting and re-entering live tv a few times, and almost every time the
>>>tv jump point is used I get a black screen. Sound is playing fine, the
>>>ringbuffer appears to be filling up, but no picture.
>>>
>>>The Xorg log begins filling up with:
>>>
>>>IvtvSetPortAttributeOverlay bad attribute
>>>IvtvGetPortAttributeOverlay bad attribute
>>>IvtvGetPortAttributeOverlay bad attribute
>>>
>>>The only way to fix it seems to be a reboot. This happens fairly
>>>randomly, and apart from the jump point i've found no definite way to
>>>cause it.
>>>
>>>I've also noticed that for the first few minutes of live tv, everything
>>>has a very slight stutter, especially noticable on scrolling text. After
>>>changing channel a few times the problem dissappears.
>>>
>>>I'm using 2  Twinhan Visionplus DVB-T cards, going through a PVR 350's
>>>TV out
>>>

>>Nobody else experiencing this?
>>

>Maybe a more desciptive subject would help?
>
>I'd also use a graphics card for testing whether the issue can really
>be confined to the PVR 350's output.

Hey

Yes, sorry the title was a bit vague. I havent got a monitor handy at
the moment to check unfortunately, but will do as soon as i can.

The blank screen problem also affects watching recordings and also
watching video's.

If run from the command line, mplayer gives the error:

X11 Error: Badmatch (invalid parameter attributes)

Really hope someone can help, this is driving me nuts

Dunc