[mythtv-users] Keep the most recent n # of episodes

Noel Murphy bnmurphy at rogers.com
Thu Feb 16 15:53:26 UTC 2006

I'm sure this is possible and I'm just missing how to do this so I
thought I'd just ask.

I currently have my MythTV box setup to record a show using the "Find
one episode each week". I have the max number of episodes to keep set
to 5. I would like it so that once all 5 "slots" are filled, when it
goes to record the 6th, the oldest one is deleted so that it DOES
record the 6, but I still only have 5 episodes on disk. Basically I
want the 5 most recent episodes.

Also, when the oldest is automatically removed (expired?) is it
marked so that it can be recorded again? or is it marked to never be
recorded again?

Noel