[mythtv-users] Error compiling 0.19, please help

chaz@chazandcath.co.uk chaz at chazandcath.co.uk
Thu Feb 16 12:44:17 UTC 2006

On Tue, Feb 14, 2006 at 09:37:10AM +0000, Chaz Hickman wrote:
> I'm trying to compile 0.19 on a system that is happily running (and
> previously compiled) 0.18.1.
>
> Part way through the compile of mythtv, I get the following:

-- snip --

> To my untrained eye, there seem to be two things going on here - the
> reference to an undeclared copyBlt, and the call to
> QString::startsWith. I'm running version 3.1 of the QT libraries
> which is all I believe is required. I cn see that the code in
> uitypes.cpp is different from that in the older 0.18, so I'm assuming
> I'm missing a new dependency?

To answer my own question, it looks like the dependancy is on the QT libraries - version 3.3 seems to be what is really required, not 3.1 as described in the README.

So I'm going to have to upgrade my system to 3.3. Which looks like it might be fun given the current state of it. But that's my problem :-)

Chaz