[mythtv-users] volume control problem with 0.19

Michael Papazoglou mpapazoglou at verizon.net
Thu Feb 16 04:11:32 UTC 2006

me again -

I dug a little deeper, and found the following in the output log of
mythfrontend when I started watching live tv or a recording:

NVP: Disabling Audio params(16,2,0)

I traced that to NuppelVideoPlayer.cpp, lines 490-503, apparently
audio_samplerate is set to 0.  So I changed line 490 from

if ((audio_bits <= 0) || (audio_channels <= 0) || (audio_samplerate <= 0))

if ((audio_bits <= 0) || (audio_channels <= 0) || (audio_samplerate < 0))

and I can now control the volume again.  I'm fairly certain that this is
not the proper way to fix this, since the audio sample rate probably
should not be 0.  Can anyone shed any light onto this?

Thanks,
Mike