[mythtv-users] MythWeb mysteriously stops talking to the backend

f-myth-users@media.mit.edu f-myth-users at media.mit.edu
Thu Feb 16 02:27:31 UTC 2006

I looked in Apache's errorlog (duh).

Starting -possibly- around when I first noticed the problem (since I
don't recall exactly when it started), I see 4 occurrences in a row of
these (untimestamped!) entries:

    Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 137 bytes)

Judging by timestamps around them, they must have been between
2/14 1800 and 2/14 19:48.  Then there are a few more scattered
across a few hours (maybe from my attempts), and then at 2/15 0324
there are about a zillion
    File does not exist: /var/www/mythweb/recorded_programs.php_files, referer: http://mb/mythweb/recorded_programs.php
which appear to have been prompted by me selecting the recorded
programs page (and apparently having it work! so I'm not sure why all
these errors).

The most-recent log entries show more spates of
    Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 137 bytes)
errors.  Is there some reason why Mythweb might be trying to use some
enormous amount of memory?  Is there something I can do to either cut
that down or increase the allowable amount?  Are both of these simply
papering over some deeper bug?

[And yes, every time I try hitting, e.g., program_listing, my log
grows by another of these.]

P.S.  Still 0.18.1, btw.