[mythtv-users] Mythtv without X

Pshem Kowalczyk pshem.k at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 21:44:51 UTC 2006

On 16/02/06, DeepB at gentlemansclub.de <DeepB at gentlemansclub.de> wrote:
> hello
>
> i know that there were many questions about that in the past, but it was
> always mentioned that it should work, but not how
>
> i've got a server and i dont want to install X on it. So can i install a
> Mythtv backend without X?
>
> and if yes how? (my first linux machine, so please an easy description)

It's basically up to your distro. You simply don't install X and
install mythtv - this should work.
With gentoo you'd do it the following way:
set up "USE" in /etc/make.conf to contain "-X" (to prevent most of the
programs from compiling with X support), and then just emerge mythtv
:-)

It can be different with your distro, so you should at least tell us
what you use.

regards
pshemko