[mythtv-users] Joystick usage with mythtv & PC games

Jesse Guardiani jesse at wingnet.net
Wed Feb 15 15:21:49 UTC 2006

Adam Egger wrote:
> On 2/9/06, Nathan A. Smith <nasa01 at comcast.net> wrote:
>

>> tweeking joystickmenurc now....
>>

> Btw, do you guys have an appropriate joystickmenurc file for the XBOX
> joystick? The one from mythtv/configfiles doesn't work correctly on my
> xebian.

See attached for mine. Note that it's for an xpad driver based on
version 0.1.5. It probably won't work with the xpad.c
that ships with the kernel because that version of xpad.c is very very
old. And it probably won't work with
the xpad.c from the xbox-linux site because I use a few custom patches
to make the L/R triggers show up
as real buttons not just axis, so you'll probably have to tweak it a
bit. (especially the devicename)

I use libjsw's jscalibrator program to glean the button and axis
numbers. Check here for the version
of xpad.c that I'm talking about:

http://cvs.xbox-linux.org/viewcvs.py/xbox-linux/kernel-2.6/drivers/usb/input/xpad.c?rev=1.22&view=log

Actually, it's open source, so I'll just attach the version of xpad.c
that I use. Just save the attached
xpad.c and Makefile to a dir on your machine and type 'make'. Then
overwrite the "live" version
of your xpad.ko with the version you just made. (use `locate xpad.ko` to
find the "live" version. Should
be somewhere in /lib/modules) Then either reboot or `rmmod xpad &&
modprobe xpad`.

I submitted my changes to the xbox-linux users list a few months ago,
but they ignored them. I've been
too lazy to pursue it thus far.

Also note that both this version and the current CVS version at the
xbox-linux site have problems
with the 2.6.15 kernel currently. They should be fixing it shortly:
    http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.ports.xbox.user/7462

--
Jesse Guardiani
Programmer/Sys Admin