[mythtv-users] mythtv freezes during the buffer change (0.19)

Pshem Kowalczyk pshem.k at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 09:48:34 UTC 2006

On 15/02/06, Pshem Kowalczyk <pshem.k at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 15/02/06, Robin Gilks <g8ecj at gilks.org> wrote:
> >
> > Same here - I thought it was something to do with my system being diskless
> > and the video store is on an NFS mount.
> >
> > Is your storage local or network?
>
> It's a frontend/backend system - so everything is stored locally. I
> have another fronted only system but didn't have time to upgrade it (i
> don't use it very often).
>
> I've just unmerged everything (myth*), backed up the database,
> directory, cleaned the whole lot and re-emerged myth*. When I get back
> home I'll check whether it works any better.

OK. It didn't get any better, in fact it's far worse now - mythtv
crashes (with the same 'Parser not found' message) every time I switch
off live tv (see my message: Myth dies after stopping live tv 0.19 -
Parser not found for Codec). I tried different settings, tried to
re-initialise the database with fresh channels. Tried with just one
channel added - still the same. It has something to do with ivtv
driver, as once I saw a message that mythtv can't read from the
driver, but recompiling the driver (and even reloading the box)
doesn't seem to make any difference :-(

regards
pshemko