[mythtv-users] mythweb upgrade woes

Nathan Caldwell saintdev at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 00:41:59 UTC 2006

On 2/14/06, Nathan Caldwell <saintdev at gmail.com> wrote:

> > > As for your server vars, looks like something weird set up in your php
> > > or mod_redirect settings.  But wtf is info.php?  did your distro add it?
> > >   (if so, I should slap the packager because leaving that kind of thing
> > > enabled is a nice security hole waiting to be exploited).
> >
> > Now that you mention it, I did put that there. That was a long time
> > ago when I was trying to setup the /mythweb directory to use php4 CGI.
> >
> > > -Chris
> > >

> Ok after a little more hunting it looks like when Apache does a
> redirect it prepends REDIRECT_ to any previously existing evnironment
> variables. The way I have php setup for the mythweb directory is
>
>     ScriptAlias /php4-cgi/ /usr/lib/php4/bin/
>     AddHandler php4-cgi .php4 .php3 .phtml .php
>     Action php4-cgi /php4-cgi/php-cgi
>     AddDirectoryIndex index.php
>
> Apache sees this as a redirect, and thus changes the env variables.
>

> -Nathan

Apache redirecting CGI scripts seems to be exactly the problem. I just
disabled the php4-cgi for the /mythweb directory (it's now using the
php5 module), and everything works. I'll test using the php4 module if
you'd like. But if you're using php as a CGI module it looks like you
can't use mythweb.

-Nathan