[mythtv-users] Whoa! I'm KnoppMyth Tier 1!

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Feb 14 23:28:55 UTC 2006

On 02/14/2006 03:06 PM, Richard Bronosky wrote:
> I did
> have to add "DisplaySize 320 240" to my XF86Config-4 to get the fonts to
> be readable

Just because life gets boring if there's nothing to fix on your Myth
box...  ;)

320x240 is close to correct for a 1280x960 display resolution, but you
should be using one of:

# For 1920x1080 at 100dpi  (16:9)
#       DisplaySize  487 274
# For 1280x720 at 100dpi  (16:9)
#       DisplaySize  325 182
# For 1280x960 at 100dpi (4:3)
#       DisplaySize  325 243
# For 1024x768 at 100dpi  (4:3)
#       DisplaySize  260 195
# For 800x600 at 100dpi  (4:3)
#       DisplaySize  203 153
# For 640x480 at 100dpi  (4:3)
#       DisplaySize  162 121

Otherwise, your X server is running with the wrong DPI for Myth, and
your graphics and text will not line up properly...  Then, you can fix
the font sizes with other things like the settings in Myth, or by
editing your theme files.

Mike