[mythtv-users] matroska with internal Player

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Tue Feb 14 21:53:26 UTC 2006

On Tuesday 14 February 2006 16:36, Peter Kornhuld wrote:
> > I don't think libavcodec knows how to deal with matroska
> > files.
>
> Matroska isnt a codec it is a container. Some of my Matroska-files
> are made with ffmpeg and then only merged in the mkv-container. Thus
> i think it isnt a problem with libavcodec.

Then possibly a problem with libavformat?  Isn't that the container-side
sibling of libavcodec?  In any event, they're both part of the ffmpeg
project, which Myth sucks into its source tree.  Isaac re-syncs with
the ffmpeg project every now and then, so the best approach is probably
to fix the problem there, then we'll get it eventually.

Have you tried playing the files with MPlayer?  MPlayer also uses the
ffmpeg libraries, so it's probably a good litmus test to see if the
problem is in ffmpeg code or not.

-JAC