[mythtv-users] Upgrade to .19 with SVN

David Watkins watkinshome at gmail.com
Tue Feb 14 16:47:32 UTC 2006

On 14/02/06, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
> On 02/14/2006 08:46 AM, Nick wrote:
> > On 14/02/06, David Watkins <watkinshome at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> I'd also like to upgrade from rpms to the SVN source version.
> >>
> >> I'm reasonably confident of success, but not so confident that I
> >> wouldn't rather keep my rpm versions until I've done a successful
> >> compile.
> >>
> >> Does anyone think that I can leave the rpms in place until I've done the:
> >>
> >> $./configure
> >> $qmake
> >> $make
> >>
> >> and only remove them when I do the:
> >>
> >> #make install
> >>
> > Yup.
> >

> Where, by yup, he means that you can do this for the mythtv source
> package, but you *must* install the mythtv source package before
> building the mythplugins source package...

That's good information, thanks.  I probably wouldn't have guessed that.

> And, your configure will almost definitely require some options to get
> what you want.

Yes I did know that  -  and a few *-devel packages to be installed too.

> And, there's always the testing packages available in RPMs.

That's still an option.  However, to get my dvb card and remote
working I ended up patching and compiling the kernel [2.6.11], and
hence nvidia, alsa, lirc etc - so there's a bit of work involved in
going back to an rpm setup too.

Thanks for the info.

David