[mythtv-users] Problems get thumbnails for mythburn

David Asher david.asher at caviumnetworks.com
Tue Feb 14 15:33:53 UTC 2006

yeah, the way animated menus appear to work is extracting a BUNCH of
thumbnails, adding them to the menu, and making a mpg out of the menu
frames.

all the thumbnails are green for me so i get a movie which looks like a
static green thumbnail, but is actually a constantly changing set of
green thumbnails.

sigh.  I'm gonna have to recompile transcode w/a TON of debug prints.

I've figured out that the apache transcode is getting different rsults
when probing the .mpg:

from probe_stream.c:

    case TC_MAGIC_VOB:     // VOB program stream
      probe_pes(ipipe);

      if(verbose & TC_DEBUG) fprintf(stderr, "att0=%d, att1=%d\n",
ipipe->probe_info->ext_attributes[0], ipipe->probe_info->ext_attributes[1]);

from the logs i posted, att1 has a different value (0 under mythweb, 94
in xterm)

I think that difference is the result of the xterm run printing the
following:

SCR=       0 (       0) unit=0 @ offset     0.0000 (sec)

during the probe_pes call, which appears to mean it recognized the mpg
as a VOB stream.  the mythweb version does NOT.

that's all I've got so far.

David.