[mythtv-users] mythweb upgrade woes

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Tue Feb 14 08:23:16 UTC 2006

> I'm getting almost the same problem as the OP, but I have everything
> setup correctly. The <Directory /> has both AllowOverride, and
> FollowSymLinks, mod_rewrite, and mod_env are enabled. Now I finally
> found that mythweb/info.php gives me phpinfo() output. Here's what I
> get for the env vars:
>
> _SERVER["REDIRECT_db_server"]	localhost
> _SERVER["REDIRECT_db_name"]	mythconverg
> _SERVER["REDIRECT_db_login"]	mythtv
> _SERVER["REDIRECT_db_password"]	**********
>
> Anyone know why this would be?

How many times do I have to say this... <Directory /> should have
AllowOverride set to none.  always.

there is ANOTHER <Directory> call further down (usually for something
like /var/www/html) that should have the correct settings.

As for your server vars, looks like something weird set up in your php
or mod_redirect settings.  But wtf is info.php?  did your distro add it?
  (if so, I should slap the packager because leaving that kind of thing
enabled is a nice security hole waiting to be exploited).

-Chris