[mythtv-users] mythweb upgrade woes

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Tue Feb 14 02:46:18 UTC 2006

> My FC4 defaults had this problem as well.  The first AllowOverride is
> in <Directory />, but there is a second about 35 lines down in
> <Directory "/var/www/html">.  Both need to be changed to
> "AllowOverride All".

No, both do NOT have to be changed.  The first one (for /) *should* be
set to none, as doing otherwise encompasses a possible security risk.

The second one (for /var/www/html, or as I change it, for /var/www) is
the only one that needs to be changed.  Heck, you could put your own in
for /var/www/html/mythweb/ and it'd work, too.

-Chris