[mythtv-users] use an msnTV as a frontend?

Dave Jones david.l.jones at gmail.com
Mon Feb 13 15:50:17 UTC 2006

Ha, you beat me to the punch... I was about to send this myself :)

It looks (to my untrained eye) that it should be capable of handling
low-power video codecs (possibly MPEG2, but maybe not MPEG4). Its specs are
pretty similar to an XBOX (not quite the same), so it might be able to boot
something like Xebian and run a frontend.

Anyhow, the hardware is all there. It is definitely enough to handle RTJPEG.
If I didn't have my hands full right now, I would start hacking on this
today!

On a separate note, wouldn't this be a neat thing to re-appropriate as a
storage server, a'la Linksys NSLU2?

-David