[mythtv-users] Upgrading to 0.19 on fedora

Josh TwoOneSix at thatclothingco.com
Mon Feb 13 15:17:31 UTC 2006

Michael Haan wrote:
> On 2/12/06, *Axel Thimm* <Axel.Thimm at atrpms.net
> <mailto:Axel.Thimm at atrpms.net>> wrote:
>
>     On Sun, Feb 12, 2006 at 11:08:10AM -0600, Adam Bodnar wrote:
>     > For FC3, will there be any major package upgrades besides just the
>     > mythtv packages? like ivtv?
>
>     That's being updated independently from mythtv. Currently there is
>     nothing actual new scheduled in ivtv world.
>
>     There is a new package libdvdnav required for mythtv 0.19.
>     --
>     Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net

> I wouldn't mind being a tester for 0.19.  How do I enable testing
> using smart/yum?

Go into your yum config and enable the testing repo. Your config
settings can potentially be in 2 places.
Here are the config settings for atrpms-testing:
# =================
[atrpms-testing]
name=Fedora Core 4 - i386 - ATrpms testing
baseurl=http://dl.atrpms.net/fc4-i386/atrpms/testing
failovermethod=priority
enabled=1
# =================

To get this working, first, check your /etc/yum.conf file, here you will
either see the config settings above or you will see nothing of the
sorts, except for a reference to yum.repos.d. If the latter is true,
then you will need to pop open /etc/yum.repos.d/atrpms.repo  and either
add the above config to it OR if you already have the settings, simply
change your "enabled" setting to 1, as shown above. Once that's done,
you should be able to update with yum and it should grab atrpms-testing.
It would be a good idea to run a "yum search mythtv | grep 19" (minus
the "'s) after you make the changes just to make sure you can see the
.19 packages before you try to cold-update.

To locate these config files, a command you may find helpful  is "find /
-name yum.conf" (again, without the quotation marks).

Hope this helps and don't forget to backup your db before the upgrade
and read the couple of messages that others have posted already, just in
case you experience issues. Also keep in mind that running any app out
of the "testing" section (heck, even a few out of the stable section) is
dangerous and you should be aware. If you're not very experienced with
Linux or Myth  I would hang tight until Axel puts .19 in stable. That's
just my $0.02.

Josh
----
You've been warned!

The information contained in this e-mail message is intended only for
the personal and confidential use of the recipient(s) named above. This
message may be an attorney-client communication and/or work product and
as such is privileged and confidential. If the reader of this message
is not the intended recipient or an agent responsible for delivering it
to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you have
received this document in error and that any review, dissemination,
distribution, or copying of this message is strictly prohibited. If you
have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately
by e-mail, and delete the original message.