[mythtv-users] Nasty shock with Comcast Chicago

JDeGraw coffee412 at comcast.net
Mon Feb 13 14:47:43 UTC 2006

Sure is depressing to be a comcast customer. I hate the commercials they
run about the older gen dancing couple and they switch records to show
the increase in speed you get with cable. old music --> 50s --> hip/hop.

Actually, Instead of hip hop they should do break dancing? You know,
Down on the floor and then up a bit ect...

I find their ads really deceptive. But I think their catch is that their
speeds AVERAGE 800 instead of promising the faster speed all the time.

Oh, Just like clock work, Today between 6am and 6:30 until I reset my
cable modem the connection was down. Lately over the last few weeks I
have been averaging 200MB/s download from newsgroups. Pretty poor. Alot
of times the connection would just stop. No traffic. They must run their
newsgroups on a IBM 8088 <grin>.

Oh well, Not really a converstation for mythtv. But thought I would ad a
bit more.

Have a great day.