[mythtv-users] tv_grab_uk_rt isn't working

Andrew Eacott andrew at marmoset.org
Mon Feb 13 12:37:19 UTC 2006

I've now updated to XMLTV release 0.5.42.  The last update to channel_ids was
on 2005-12-07.  For simplicity, I've edited my tv_grab_uk_rt.conf file to
include a single entry which I'm certain is in the channel_ids file.

channel channel5.co.uk

Now, running tv_grab_uk_rt from my mythbox results in the following output :
euclid:~/.xmltv# tv_grab_uk_rt
All data is the copyright of the Radio Times website
<http://www.radiotimes.com> and the use of this data is restricted to
personal use only.

finding channels: 100%
[================================================================================================]channel
ukhistory.tv (801) not seen on site at /usr/bin/tv_grab_uk_rt line 203.
channel plus-1.thehistorychannel.co.uk (183) not seen on site
at /usr/bin/tv_grab_uk_rt line 203.
[snip]
using config filename /root/.xmltv/tv_grab_uk_rt.conf
channel channel5.co.uk mentioned in /root/.xmltv/tv_grab_uk_rt.conf but not on
site
<!DOCTYPE tv SYSTEM "xmltv.dtd">

grabbing: (nothing to do)
<tv source-info-name="Radio Times" generator-info-name="XMLTV"
generator-info-url="http://membled.com/work/apps/xmltv/"></tv>

But

I'm beginning to work out what's going though.  From home, if I wget the
channels.dat file from the RT site, I get an empty file.  From my work
machine, I get one with channel data.

I suspect that my ISP (NTL) is doing some sort of caching / filtering and I'm
somehow getting an old and empty file.  Either that, or RT has decided I'm
evil ;)