[mythtv-users] tv_grab_uk_rt isn't working

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Mon Feb 13 12:04:52 UTC 2006

On 13/02/06, Andrew Eacott <andrew at marmoset.org> wrote:

> When I run mythfilldatabase using my existing configuration file (that was
> working fine up until Saturday), the command finishes in a couple of seconds
> and no data is retrieved.
>
> Log :
>
> 2006-02-13 11:01:16.233 Updating source #2 () with grabber tv_grab_uk_rt
> 2006-02-13 11:01:16.233 ----------------- Start of XMLTV output
> -----------------
> All data is the copyright of the Radio Times website
> <http://www.radiotimes.com> and the use of this data is restricted to
> personal use only.
>
> finding channels: 100%
> [================================================================================================]channel
> ukhistory.tv (801) not seen on site at /usr/bin/tv_grab_uk_rt line 202.

This file exists on the BBC site.

> [many error logs of the following type removed]
> channel e4.channel4.com mentioned in /home/mythtv/.mythtv/.xmltv but not on
> site

This exists in the channel_ids file and is on the BBC site.

> channel C1963.radiotimes.com mentioned in /home/mythtv/.mythtv/.xmltv but not
> on site

This XMLTV id was corrected (back in December). Please check your
channel_ids file to see the new XMLTV id.

> grabbing: (nothing to do)

Seems like a pretty good failure.

Some things to check:

i) check to make sure the correct channel_ids is being used from XMLTV
ii) check to make sure your xmltv configs are correct and match
entries for your channels
iii) check that entries in channel_ids matches your channel XMLTV ids

My update this morning seemed to run normally judging by the
timestamps in the backend logfile (4 mins), but I'm still running
0.18.1.

Before Christmas I did an exhaustive update of the XMLTV channel_ids
file for the uk_rt grabber to make sure it was both correct and
completely up to date with the BBC RT site. I know today the Beeb have
added 4 more listings file whilst the Olympics coverage is on, but
there should be no missing channels. There is another update pending
with the maintainer of XMLTV (Robert Eden) which adds a couple of new
channels whose listings were added in December.

Nick