[mythtv-users] 0.19 Runtime Error with libmythavcodec

Bradley Remedios bremedios at gmail.com
Mon Feb 13 05:00:18 UTC 2006

Hello all,

I hope that you will be able to assist me in getting everything up and
running as I am clearing missing something or doing something wrong.
I'm trying to get a mythtv system up and running to see how well it
works as I'm very interested in setting up a PVR.

I built my system from the 0.19 source package as I did not see a 0.19
rpm package built yet.

Exact Error:

./mythtv-setup: error while loading shared libraries:
/opt/mythtv-0.19/lib/libmythavcodec-0.19.so.0: cannot restore segment
prot after reloc: Permission denied

My System:
Fedora Core 4 (Fully Updated as of Feb 12, but running orig kernel.)
P4 3.00 HT

I've installed xmltv from atrpms, and all of the other tools from
freshrpms (I can list them if it would help.)

I downloaded and compiled 0.19.  Configuration options are as follows:
./configure --enable-dvb --prefix=/opt/mythtv-0.19 --enable-xvmc
--enable-dvd --enable-proc-opt

Configure prints:

# Basic Settings
Compile type     release
Compiler cache   no
DistCC           no
Install prefix   /opt/mythtv-0.19
CPU              x86 (model name        : Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.00GHz)
Big Endian       no
MMX enabled      yes
Vector Builtins  yes

# Input Support
Joystick menu    yes
lirc support     no
Video4Linux sup. yes
ivtv support     yes
FireWire support no
DVB support      yes [/usr/include]
DBox2 support    yes

# Sound Output Support
OSS support      yes
ALSA support     yes
aRts support     yes
JACK support     no
DTS passthrough  yes

# Video Output Support
x11 support      yes
xrandr support   yes
xv support       yes
XvMC support     yes
XvMC VLD support yes
XvMC pro support no
XvMC libs        -lXvMCW
OpenGL vsync     no
DirectFB         no

# Misc Features
DVD playback     no
Frontend         yes
Backend          yes

I've also tried it without the --enable-dvb, --enable-xvmc and
--enable-proc-opt.

Thanks in advance,
Bradley