[mythtv-users] External Channel Change Question? - WAS Re: CentOS and MythTV

Kenneth Hadley khadley at pacbell.net
Mon Feb 13 02:02:57 UTC 2006

Appears I spoke too soon about have no further problems.

I use a MyBlaster to control my external Samsung DirecTV receiver and
with my previous box this worked fine using the MyBlaster.pl script.

This time...not working so well.

I have the script located in /usr/local/bin/ and typed into the input
field of "mythtvsetup=>input connections=>/dev/video0/=>External channel
change command" the script path/filename (/usr/local/bin/MyBlaster.pl)
but when I record programs the channel never changes and when watching
the MyBlaster transmitter when the recording starts and it should be
blinking, it does not.

Manually typing at the CLI
[mythtv at pvr01 ~]$ /usr/local/bin/MyBlaster.pl 298
Does change the channel.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks!