[mythtv-users] Compiling MythTV 0.19

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Sun Feb 12 22:14:41 UTC 2006

On Sun, Feb 12, 2006 at 11:08:59PM +0100, Joacim J wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have used Axel's RPMs for 0.18.2 but now I want to try compile it myself.
>
> I wonder about the configuration, what flags do Axel have set?

There is a specfile that contains all such information. Basically
ATrpms tried to enable as much as possible, e.g. as much as is
non-conflicting (e.g. directfb vs xvmc) and is supported by the
distribution (e.g. xrender is not properly supported on RH8.0 and
elder).

> What flags do you recommend to get a fully functional MythTV system?

It depends on what you define as fully functional. Possibly you'd
choose to enable as much as possible as ATrpms. But if you go for
embedded for instance you'd hand pick the options to enable.

> The output from configure I mainly wonder about is:
> lirc support     no
> DVB support      no [/usr/include]
> ALSA support     no
> DVD playback     no
>
> I have a AMD Athlon64 based system, with DVB-T card, working ALSA  and
> want to play DVDs.

You need foo-devel packages installed for mythtv to properly detect
that it can build against foo. Check the configure script in the top
dir.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net