[mythtv-users] remove videos from database

Josh TwoOneSix at thatclothingco.com
Sun Feb 12 21:39:32 UTC 2006

I got the bright idea to rm -f all the recorded viedo files on my
/videos folder, thinking that I could kill them all faster then hitting
each one in Myth and taking me 2 1/2 hours... well, now I'm stuck with
Myth not being able to remove the entries from the db... I assume it's
because it can't find the file on my local disk it so the process
cancels without removing from the database... My issue here is that I
only know how to manage a MySQL db VIA the MySQL Administrator in
windows, not at the command line and, wouldn't you know it, I can't for
the life of me get MySQL Administrator to connect to the backend
server... I tried granting access to my entire network and such to no
avail. Either way I don't plan on screwing with the db ever again so if
someone could give me the commands to run in MySQL that would remove ALL
of my "recorded video" entries, it would be much appreciated... I'll
even write up a page in the Wiki on the solution to this problem once I
figure it out since I would assume I'm not the only moron that's done
this before.

TIA!

Josh