[mythtv-users] [OT] LIRC 0.8.0 - Hauppauge Nova-T - Fedora Core 4

Steve Daniels steve.p.daniels at googlemail.com
Sun Feb 12 17:31:27 UTC 2006

I'm running a recently yum upgrade(d) Fedora Core 4 Machine with Hauppauge
Nova-T in it.
I have LIRC-0.8.0 installed most likely via yum install mythtv-suite or yum
install lirc.
I need help.

I have the latest Nova-T which includes the "Silver" remote with a black
bottom. It has 45 buttons with the 4 coloured buttons along the bottom row.

I've tried various /etc/lircd.conf and /etc/hardware.conf 's (Even tried
them in /etc/lirc/ but it didn't seem to look for them there)
I have lircrc in ~/.mythtv/lircrc and in ~/.lircrc (in my mythtv user and
root user)

I got these files from this site:
http://www.parker1.co.uk/mythtv_ubuntu2.php and just put them in different
paths and altered the event's.

I have my hardware.conf pointing to the correct /dev/input/event1
If I cat /dev/input/event1 and press the buttons on the remote I get all
sorts of glorious output.

However, none of this seems to matter. The directional arrows and the OK
button (works as Enter) seem to just behave like standard keyboard buttons.
And almost no other buttons on the remote produce any output.

irw whilst lircd is running is currently blank.
I have had it spurt out some gibberish, and also recognise the keys on my
keyboard and reference them by their hauppuage names.

Is 0.8.0 compatible with the Nova-T out of the box?

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. This is driving me NUTS. I'll gladly
try any commands, and would very easily be pursauded to allow you to vnc
into the machine.

Other info, this is a slave backend / frontend machine running on an epia
m10k nehemiah board.

Thanks for you time,

Steve Daniels