[mythtv-users] Xbox frontend really slow, video only updates every few seconds

George Nassas gnassas at mac.com
Sun Feb 12 16:45:45 UTC 2006

On 12-Feb-06, at 11:32 AM, Daniel A. Segel wrote:

> I recently installed MythTV from SVN on my Xbox running Xebian 1.1.4,
> and while it *works* as a frontend-only system, the performance is so
> bad it's basically unusable. My backend system is using a PVR-350 to
> Any tips on what to check or change to make it work better?

I'm running a similar setup (xbox/xebian 1.1.4/svn/BE with pvr350) and
getting good results although the poor thing swaps like crazy when I
switch from one thing to another (menu -> TV or video). However once
the swapper sorts things out it's great. One difference for me is that
I record at 480x480 but I don't know if that's significant.

First question ought to be what process is hogging the cpu. What does
top say?

- George