[mythtv-users] Wireless HTPC - How best to set it up?

Carl Fongheiser carlfongheiser at gmail.com
Sat Feb 11 19:21:39 UTC 2006

> If it helps you in finding such a device, they are usually sold for
> the purpose of putting gaming consoles onto a wireless network when
> they have only an RJ-45 ethernet port available.
>
> i know Linksys makes one, but I think it costs about $99USD, there
> are probably cheaper options.

The Linksys wireless bridge sells for about $80USD now.  I don't really
recommend it, though;  it doesn't support wireless security other than WEP.
Best Buy recently started carrying the Buffalo Technologies Wireless
Ethernet Converter for about the same price, and it supports WPA.  It also
has a built-in 4-port switch.  I bought one a couple weeks ago, and it's
been working great.

Carl Fongheiser