[mythtv-users] Zap2it Labs: Temporary scale-back to 3 days of listings

Zap2It-Labs labs at zap2it.com
Sat Feb 11 06:11:38 UTC 2006

> The default operation of myth is to only download ~2 days per
> day - whatever is 'tomorrow', and then 13 days out.  As far
> as I'm aware, there's no way to enable the 'grab all 13 days'
> option without modifying the source (it's commented out).
>
> Isaac

My mistake.  I am only peripherally aware of Myth's default settings, and I
guess I got the wrong impression from Myth users over email who often speak
of having "13 days of listings."  There would be a 13 day download
initially, but that's perfectly fine.  But the "pseudo-diff" approach
(originally suggested by Robert Eden of XMLTV, incidentally) is quite a good
idea, and I'm glad you take that tack.  Downloading "tomorrow" plus the "new
13th day" is a good mix of conserving bandwidth and ensuring you get
updates.

Tom