[mythtv-users] CentOS and MythTV

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Sat Feb 11 06:02:24 UTC 2006

On Feb 10, 2006, at 13:51, Kenneth A Hadley wrote:

> Has anyone had experience using CentOS4 for a MythTV
> Backend? Specifically ivtv drivers with a PVR500.
>
> About a week ago my poor FC3 running a single PVR350
> lost it's hard disk so I'm rebuilding my MythTV box.
> I've used CentOS for work and used it for a MythTV
> Frontend (following Jarod's Fedora guide with a few
> tweaks to use the EL4 portion of ATRpms) but I'm
> intrested in anyone's experience with it as a backend.

My current master backend is running EL4 along with a PVR-500. EL4
works fine for a backend, so long as you don't need recent dvb code
to enable one of the newer HDTV tuners out there. I'm moving to pre-
FC5 for my master backend ever so shortly (tomorrow), partially
because of the dvb issue (I'm adding more HD tuners), partially so I
have some FC5 systems I can write about, partially because I just
feel like it...

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com