[mythtv-users] mythtv-setup fails (cannot open libmythavformat lib)

lau.ent@gmx.ch lau.ent at gmx.ch
Sat Feb 11 00:11:31 UTC 2006

Hi
I'm having problem installing mythtv. I get stuck when issueing the
mythtv-setup command. I get the error message:

./mythtv-setup: error while loading shared libraries:
libmythavformat-0.19.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
directory

I then did a search and found the file only in its original installation
directory. As I understand the file should have been copied to
/usr/local/lib when doing the ./configure command. I then created a symbolic
links from /usr/local/lib to the file. This didn't help (same error
message).

When doing the ./configure the first time I got some strange messages.
Perhaps this might have something to do with my problem. Messages:
cat: /etc//etc/ld.so.conf.d/*.conf: No such file or directory
cat: /etc//etc/ld.so.conf.d/*.conf: No such file or directory
Everything else worked well until I got stuck with mythtv-setup.

I tried re-configuring after altering the configuration script but it didn't
help and the lib file do not seem to be copied anywhere.

I'm using the latest mythtv from cvs (ver 0.19) with Suse 10.0.

Any ideas?