[mythtv-users] Zap2it outage?

Anthony Floyd anthonyfloyd at gmail.com
Fri Feb 10 14:55:10 UTC 2006

On 2/10/06, chris at cpr.homelinux.net <chris at cpr.homelinux.net> wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 09, 2006 at 01:21:40PM -0800, Anthony Floyd wrote:
> > I wondered about that too.  However, I emailed Zap2It and they've told
> > me that they haven't intentionally blacklisted my IP.
>
> I wasn't thinking in terms of blacklists, but simply the fact that most
> web servers have a limit to how many connections they will accept, and
> extras get ignored.  If you're trying to fetch your schedule at the same
> time as thousands of other users then you could have problems.  Try
> running a manual fetch during the day and see if you get through.

The traceroutes previous in the discussion were run during the
"suggested" fetching window.  All other manual attempts at all other
times of the day have failed too.  I'm pretty sure this isn't the
case:  the traceroutes clearly show the packets being dropped by AT&T,
and the fact that I can't get to the Zap2It web sites (www,
labs.zap2it.com) are a pretty clear indicator that it's not about when
I'm doing the DataDirect fetching.

Thanks for the ideas, though.

Cheers,
Anthony.